I was skeptical when I found this recipe for incredibly easy, incredibly cheap, and incredibly healthy cookies over at The Burlap Bag .
I mean, look how easy: Oats + Bananas + Bowl + Oven = COOKIES!
Seriously, those are the only ingredients required to make these really healthy and minimalist cookies. I added dried cranberries and and handful of chocolate chips because I wanted to. Here is the recipe if the abbreviated version above was not enough for you.
2 Ingredient (plus whatever) cookies
- 2 large (and soft) bananas
- 1 cup rolled oats (or quick oats if you want softer cookies)
- Some whatever you want
- Put the nanners and oats in a bowl. Mash em up. I used my hands and that worked very well.
- Dollop them onto a greased (that part is really important – oats will super stick to your pan) baking pan
- Stick them in the oven @ 325 for 10 minutes
Here is what the mixture looks like pre-baking.
Other Good Add ins
Walnuts, coconut flakes, cinnamon, raisins, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pecans, peanut butter, just about anything you want. No pickles though. That would be gross.