I’m somewhat new to smoothie creation but tossing several ingredients into a blender and seeing how it turns out is a lot of fun. For my first attempt I wanted to make something sweet but packed with protein. With strawberries and bananas for sweetness and hemp protein powder, PB2 powdered peanut butter, and spinach for protein (29 grams!), this Strawberry Protein Powerhouse just hit the spot!
What you’ll need
- 10 medium to large strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 large banana (frozen is best)
- 1/2 cup spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 3 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 12 fl oz almond milk
- 5 mint leaves (must be fresh)
What to do
1. Put all ingredients into a blender, blend until smooth. I used an immersion blender because I like it better. You don’t have to.
2. Drink and enjoy.
– Perfect for a snack or very light meal
Protein: 29g – That’s a lot. Females 19-70 are recommended 46g daily and males 56g daily.
Fat: 10g – All mono and poly unsaturated fats which you want in your diet.
Fiber: 21g – Adults should try to get somewhere between 25 and 40 grams daily. This is a great start.